Last week, the Community Demo Event of Arweave open web’s foundry incubator programme had a place on Gather. Town. Multiple projects have been introduced in this event. Today we are going to take a quick look at some of these projects
Wisdom WizardsWisdom Wizards is a decentralized learning management system , a bridge between educators and students that allow an educator to always preserve control over his content.
The educational content will always be preserved on the Permaweb.
Wisdom Wizards generates a Certificate of Completion (permaweb NFT) to any student approved by their teacher.
- In Wisdom Wizards Teachers can set the price for their courses.
- A small fee of %10 is charged and distributed to the PST holders anytime a student purchases a course.
- A Student can tip a Teacher and a 10% is charged and distributed to the PST holders.
With Pianity you can turn your tracks into unique pieces of art, forever.
A common critique on digital art is that it can be copied. Therefore it can’t carry much value. Pianity introduces a new possibility by enabling true ownership of digital assets. With us you are able to run your business independently, using technology to reach your fans.
Pianity is where musicians and their fans gather to create, collect and trade unique digital tracks. Each artwork is created by an artist and turned into a unique piece of art, forever.
Pianity unlocks multiple new possibilities for the artist
- Secure your intellectual property
- Upgrade your art
- Fund your career
- Reward your early fans
- Solidarity between artists
People are paying real money for digital art that has been around for decades…Anyone can copy the art, So what are people buying exactly? And why now?
“Most simply, an NFT is an entry on a blockchain, the same decentralized digital ledger technology that underlies cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. But unlike most Bitcoin which is fungible, meaning that one coin is essentially indistinguishable from another and equivalent in value tokens on these blockchains are non-fungible. That means they are unique, so they can represent one-of-a-kind things, like a rare
William Shatner headshot or even the title to a piece of real estate.” Credits
“NFTs Boom as Collectors Shell Out to ‘Own’ Digital Art”
“If all of this sounds bizarre, that’s because it is. The idea of paying for the symbolic ownership of a digital image that lives somewhere on the web and can be captured on a screenshot or right-click-download within seconds, is so alien it seems either idiotic or ironic.”
Guaranteed exclusive ownership of digital artwork.
All the benefits of NFTs
● Easily sell and prove ownership of digital artwork, tracked by blockchain, decentralized
● Smart contracts guarantee royalties continue to flow to the original artist, other stakeholders
● Access control to view artwork – Exclusivity!
○ Only one person can display the art. When they sell it, they lose that ability.
● Ability to rent art, New monetization stream!
○ Royalty stakeholders take part in upside of future sales AND rental
■ Automatically, verifiably, forever
Open web Foundry : https://gitcoin.co/hackathon/arweave3/onboard